Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Talky Tuesdays..... Happiness

Hello lovelies, hope you're all doing well. Today's post will be my first real chatty post, so if you're not into that just keep scrolling by... if you are, keep reading!

So, I like to think of myself as a very bright, happy and optimistic person. And I think my friends and family can agree. I am always giggling, and smiling. But lately, I've had very hard things happen to me in this past year and it hasn't been easy. I thought I would never be my happy self again. I'm not going to go into detail of what all has happened because quite frankly I'm not ready yet, but maybe one day. But what I wanted to really talk about is how to find happiness, even in the saddest times. I have been low, lower then I ever thought I could be, I've never experienced such hardships and when so many awful things get thrown at you at once, you often feel like you won't be okay, that things won't get better and you won't make it out. But you will, and you have to create you're own happiness, even if it's by a stretch. You are responsible for your own happiness, the situations and events around you may not help and may be obstacles, but you have to look around them. Yes, I know this sounds hard because sometimes you are put in a situation and you think "how the hell can I seek any happiness in this" trust me, I have been there. But if there is anything that I have learned it's that you have to pick yourself back up again. I'm not saying you have to be happy ALL the time, and always laughing and smiling and never let anything get to you, I mean you're human I'm human, the fact of the matter is you're going to get upset over things. It's okay to be sad. That's what a lot of people don't understand. You can have a sad day, sad week, but what is important is that you pick yourself back up. Don't let yourself in so deep that you can't get out. Do something to take your mind off of the sadness, anything! For me, I listen to music, I go for a run (HUGE stress reliever), or I go for ice cream with my best friend. A good chat about how you're feeling with your friends always helps, or your parents..you may think they don't understand but they do! You will have down days, and days where you think you won't ever be okay, but you will be okay, and you can get through anything. I believe in you. Search for the light of happiness and you will find it! If you find yourself being in a sad sad mood, think to yourself of what you have to be happy about, even if it's not much. I always say to count your blessings, I know a lot of people aren't religious so if you don't count 'blessings' count what you have that makes you happy! Even if it's oh..i have a house..i have food...(I mean who doesn't love food). YOU will find you're own happiness, YOU will not let others control you're happiness.

If this didn't help you at all, i'm sorry ... it just felt good to write about something that I've wanted to rant about.... if this did help you, great!.. comment below! i'd love to hear :)

Stay lovely
Madison xx

 



No comments:

Post a Comment